If Jacqui can’t help you directly, she’ll endeavor to help you find someone who can.
Know your rights!
It’s impossible to protect your rights if you don’t know what they are. While the rights of pregnant, birthing, and breastfeeding women are dynamic and nebulous in many American jurisdictions, Jacqui can help you navigate the labyrinth. Reach out with your questions and concerns!
If you’ve experienced any of the following common scenarios, contact Jacqui to learn about your rights and explore potential remedies:
- If you’re pregnant at work, and experiencing difficulty obtaining accommodations from your employer
- If you’re a pregnant student experiencing discrimination from a professor or institutional administration
- If your maternity care provider is threatening, intimidating, or coercing you to make choices in pregnancy or birth that go against your personal values
- If your rights to informed consent and refusal were violated during pregnancy or birth
- If you’re a breastfeeding mother working outside the home, and you need guidance regarding your rights to express milk on the job
- If you’re a breastfeeding mother breaking-up with your baby’s other parent
- If you’ve been the victim of obstetric violence
- If you’re being investigated by law enforcement or child welfare authorities regarding a birth outcome or your birth preferences
- If you’re a doula who has witnessed obstetric violence
- If you’re a midwife facing state sanctions, a civil lawsuit, or criminal charges